I am thrilled and excited that abyssbrain, better known as Mathematical Site has nominated me for the Liebster award, which is an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The rules are, I have to answer their 10 questions and then nominate 10 blogs, who also have less than 200 followers, to answer 10 of my questions. I really want to thank abyssbrain again because the nomination shows that the diversity of my topics appeal to a lot of different people. It makes me glad to know that my words are getting out into the ether.
Here are the official rules:
#1. Each nominee must have under 200 followers
#2. Thank and link to the nominating blog
#3. Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
#4. Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
#5. Write a post containing the questions and include these rules in the post.
So here are my answers to the questions from Mathematical:
1. What is your opinion of mathematics in general? Growing up I hated math. Words I understood, but numbers just frustrated me. Now that I’m older and taking math courses again I finally feel like I understand. The way an equation or formula works is actually pretty cool.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how reliant are you on technology? Explain. I’d say an 8. I’m on my phone, the computer or a gaming console all the time. Then at work I use a laptop with mixers and a digital mixing program. So technology is a big part of my life.
3. What are your top 3 favorite books? I can’t choose just three. That’s impossible! But I would have to say The Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery, Still Alice by Lisa Genova and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
4. If somebody ask you to give a random advice, what would you say? It would really depend on the topic. I won’t give advice if I haven’t been in a similar situation. If I have and I honestly think my advice will help I do not mind giving it out.
5. What is the most boring and tedious thing that you have ever done? I would have to say waiting in the Iceland Airport for 9 hours for my connecting flight to England. They have minimal shops and restaurants. So I had seen the entire airport in like the first hour I was there. You can only entertain yourself so much in 8 hours.
6. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be? It would have to combine biology music and writing. So maybe a researcher on a project that studies the healing properties of music over long periods of time. I don’t know if something like that exists but it would be cool.
7. What are some of your happiest childhood memories? I would have to say traveling with my family. We’ve seen most of Canada and quite a few states. These road trips stand out in my mind because we had fun and learnt so much. It was an adventure almost every summer and I know my parents put themselves in debt to make sure my sister and I could say we have seen more than our own backyard. These were great bonding experiences and I cherish those days.
8. What song best describes your life? This changes depending on what’s going on in my life. Right now I’d say “The Time of my Life” by Pitbull. Basically the song is about being really poor but still living life to the fullest.
9. What is the most confusing movie that you have ever watched? This is a great question. ..and yet I can’t think of an answer off the top of my head. I would say recently Cloud Atlas was really confusing until the very end when you could link it all together. A great movie, but you were left thinking how does this part matter to that part? Is this character important or not? Why am I in the past and now the far future? As I said you get all your answers in like the last 10 minutes of the movie and I think it blew my mind.
10. If you can choose any category on a quiz show, which category would you choose? I would have to say music. I may not know everything or all the songs and artists, but I think I’d do pretty well. I know a lot of music trivia and such so it would be worth the risk. I have to put my passion to good use don’t I?
Okay now for my questions for my victims… I mean nominees:
#1 What inspired you to start writing?
#2 If you could have dinner with any person alive or dead, who would you choose and why?
#3 What is one thing on your bucket list? (Things you want to do before you die)
#4 Which song, musician or band do you listen to the most right now?
#5 How do you feel about pets?
#6 Who is your favorite author?
#7 What is your favorite meal and do you make it for yourself or prefer someone else to make it?
#8 What advice would you give other bloggers starting out?
#9 So far, what has been your best day?
#10 If you had 24 hours where you could do whatever you wanted….what would you do and why?
Now, here are my 10 nominees. Please visit these wonderful blogs.
Quite Literally Dead
A Beautiful Mess
My Life At 26
Church of the Pink Vibe ( of Latter Day Sex)
Ellicott City of Ghostly Happenings
I hope you enjoyed my answers and I can’t wait to read the answers from my nominees. Keep on blogging.
~ The Incidental Scribe